If spin bike workouts are how you want to lose weight, we want to help you find the perfect bike for 2019. We’ll look at the top-rated spinning bikes, the bikes with the best value for the money, the super cheap spin bikes and much more in this list of the best spin bikes for 2019.
Top 10 Best Spin Bikes in 2019
|PRODUCT||FRAME MATERIAL||WEIGHT CAPACITY||RESISTANCE||BUY NOW|
|Ancheer Folding Recumbent Bike(Top Recommendation)||Solid Steel||300lbs||Magnetic Flywheel||Buy now|
|Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike(Budget Pick)||Solid Steel||250lbs||Magnetic Flywheel||Buy now|
|Cycling Bike by Sunny & Fitness||Solid Steel||275lbs||40lbs Chromed Solid Flywheel||Buy now
|Schwinn 230||Solid Steel||300lbs||Weighted Flywheel||Buy now
|Exerpeutic Folding Bike||Solid Steel||300lbs||Magnetic Flywheel||Buy now
Our Top Recommendation – Ancheer Folding Recumbent Bike
This bike is pretty amazing. It has a perfect score of 5.0 stars out of 5.0 stars. That’s easy to achieve when you only have one or two reviews, but this one has more than a dozen and they all felt that this bike was everything the description said it was and more. From the solid construction to the memory foam that makes it as comfortable as possible, this is the winner of our top ten exercise bike list, taking the number one spot because of the price, the rating & reviews and all of the features that if offers. You simply can’t do better.
- Offered in multiple colors
- Memory foam seat cushioning
- Magnetic Tension control system
- Flywheel that is balanced with absolute precision
- Digital display with readings on distance, calories, time, speed
- 3-year warranty to protect you
- Adjustable tension level so that you always get a challenging workout
- One of the lowest prices out there (on this list and off) for an exercise bike
- Folds up for easy storage
- Quiet V-belt allows you to work out without making very much noise
- Comes unassembled
- Other colors cost extra
- May not include the correct tools for the job
- Difficult for those with arthritis in the legs to reach easily
Runner-Up For The Best Indoor Cycling Bike: Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike
With an average rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 stars after hundreds of reviews, our runner up is the Marcy Foldable Exercise Bike. This bike has a whole lot to love and many advantages that you don’t find with a lot of the exercise bikes on the market. For example, as the title mentions, it is foldable, which means that you don’t have to worry about footprint because when you aren’t using it, you can fold it up and store it in the closet. In addition, it has solid construction and a design that is intended to make it easy on your back and legs and still give you the results that you want.
- Foldable – fits into the closet or in a corner when you aren’t using it
- Solid pedals with foot straps to keep you from slipping off when riding at high speeds
- Terrific workout that not only gives you a major cardio sweat, but also works out your leg muscles
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance mean that you can always get the challenging workout you want
- Easy-to-read digital monitor that shows you your distance traveled, speed, duration of workout and even how many calories you have burned
- At nearly 40 pounds it might be difficult for some to fold up and carry
- Digital screen is quite small and hard to read
#3 Recommendation: Pro Indoor Cycling Bike By Sunny Health & Fitness
Our next pick for the top ten spin bikes, coming in at the number three spot is the professional level indoor cycling bike from Sunny Health & Fitness.
When you want a good cardio workout that also helps out your other muscle groups, this cycle is exactly what the doctor ordered.
It has a small footprint so that you can put it just about anywhere, with the dimensions just 20 x 46.5 x 48.5 inches (W x H x D), plus transport wheels that allow you to keep it in a corner or up against the wall and pull it out when you want to use it.
- Small footprint and transport wheels to roll it around easily
- Handlebars and seat are both adjustable so you can get it perfectly comfortable
- Adjustable resistance settings
- Supports a person weighing up to 275 pounds
- 40 pound flywheel with a smooth chain and crank system
- Sturdy base that isn’t going to tip over
- Aesthetically pleasing design with grey and red color scheme
- Free shipping
- Assembly required
- Base is not that wide – heavier people may tip it over
- Seat moves a bit
- Flywheel hub makes more noise than necessary
#4 Recommendation – Schwinn 230Recumbent Bike
You might not even have realized that bicycle manufacturer Schwinn made exercise bikes, but they do, and since they have been the experts in bicycle design since 1895, you can bet that this is a great spin bike.
This bike has a great deal of modern technology built into it that allows you to better track your workouts and it features 20 levels of resistance that you can adjust as needed.
The flywheel is high-speed and high-inertia while still being whisper quiet and it is a really solid exercise bike with a comfortable seat and everything within easy reach, with the screen positioned just right for viewing.
- Large screen that is easy to read
- Very comfortable seat
- Sturdy base that has no chance of tipping over
- So solid that it will support pretty much any weight
- Made by the Schwinn Company, the undisputed experts in bike design
- Two LCD screens that allow you to track 13 different factors on your workout
- Export your exercise data to Schwinn Connect to reach your goals more effectively
- USB charging and to plug into computer to export workout data
- 20 different levels of resistance that you can customize
- Supports 2 users and has more than 20 programs
- Free shipping
- Has a really large footprint – needs a lot of space
- One of the higher priced models on this list
#5 Recommendation – Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse
With one of the lowest prices out there for modern spin bikes, the folding magnetic upright bike from Exerpeutic comes in at the midway point on our list of the best spinning bikes.
This exercise bike has such a small footprint that even someone in a studio apartment could find space for it and it folds up easily and is light enough to carry so that you can stow it out of the way when you aren’t using it.
It monitors your heart rate, has a huge cushioned seat and will support up to 300 pounds and any height from 5’3” to 6’1”.
- 8 fitness levels for you to choose from to customize your workout perfectly
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Just about anyone can use this machine, as it is perfect for anyone from 5’3” to 6’1”
- Padded seat that is super comfortable
- Monitors your heart rate through the hand band
- Compact design means it will fit in your space
- Easy travel wheels so that you don’t have to lift it to move it
- Free shipping
- Magnetic resistance control system
- Includes operating manual
- You have to keep tightening the screws and bolts or it makes noise when pedaling
- Potentially unstable for heavier people to get on and off
#6 Recommendation – FitDesk 2.0 Desk Exercise Bike With Massage Bar
Number six on our list is the FitDesk desk exercise bike with included massage bar. This bike is really unique and holds an average rating of 4.3 stars after almost 1300 reviews.
This bike doesn’t just give you the perfect cardio workout, it also gives you the chance to catch up on work, binge out on Netflix while you do cardio or anything else you can think of on the perfectly situated desk.
This bike also has a massage bar so you get a massage while you exercise, a draw under the desk for easy access to items you may need and a digital display that tracks things like calories burned and distance biked.
- Digital display shows you duration of workout, calories burned, distance travelled and more
- Durable with a very small footprint
- Very quiet with a two belt flywheel that is meant to reach high speeds
- Non-slip desk surface
- Seat back is adjustable and includes an extender for taller people
- The desk is a little difficult to use for long periods of time
- The price is a bit high compared to some better bikes on this list
#7 Recommendation – Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Trainer
As you might have figured out, we really like the bikes that Sunny Health and Fitness make, which is why there are two of them on this list.
This indoor bike is number seven on our list and it is a terrific cycle that gives you a hard workout.
That’s because of the extra-heavy, 49 pound flywheel.
It is also a very quiet belt with a belt drive mechanism that reduces noise and the grey, stainless steel and deep red color combination works great. It is also completely adjustable and includes a braking system.
- Seat is fully adjustable and you can extend or shorten the handlebars as well
- Steel frame is durable and solid and is going to last for a long time
- The footprint is small enough to fit into even tinier apartments
- Belt drive makes your workout smooth and virtually noise-free
- You can adjust the resistance to create your perfect workout
- Includes wheels that make moving it a breeze
- Press down brake system ensures that you never have an accident
- Travel wheels are really small and unit has a tendency to tip over when moving
- Free shipping is only available if you have an Amazon Prime membership
#8 Recommendation – DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser
This is less of an exercise bike and more of an exercise accessory, but it is still a neat way to work out.
What is terrific about this unit is that you are able to sit in your regular office chair or even on your own couch in front of the television and use it all day.
Whether you are working at your computer, watching a movie on your Ultra-HD TV or hanging out with your friends on the backyard patio you can still be using this machine and you’ll find that the 30 minutes or hour that you planned to work out passed by without you even noticing.
- Fits under any desk that is 27 inches or more, which is nearly all of the desks out there
- Has straps on the pedals so that your feet don’t slip off
- Magnetic resistance for a very smooth workout
- Lowest pedal height of any other machine on the market – just ten inches
- Twice the resistance of other pedal-style exercise machines
- 8 resistance settings – from light, easy and almost effortless to more than just about anyone can push
- Display that shows time, speed, calories burned, distance traveled and more
- Super quiet which allows you to use it anywhere, even at work because it doesn’t disturb your co-workers
- Free shipping without an Amazon Prime membership
- Display is impossible to see under the desk unless you pull the unit out
- Price is the same as some of the full exercise bikes on this list
#9 Recommendation – Exerpeutic 900XLExtended Capacity Recumbent Bike
This is at the bottom of our list rather than at the top but it is still one of the best exercise bikes on the market today.
This is the second entry by Exerpeutic on this list and the price is very reasonable, plus it maintains a 4.2 rating after more than 2000 reviews.
That means that this is a great bike. This is a recumbent bike which means that you get a workout for your lungs and your muscles while putting as little strain on your back as possible and it has a very large LCD screen that shows you all of the stats that you need when using a stationary bike.
Plus, this bike includes a three-year warranty.
- Free shipping
- A really terrific price – one of the lowest on this list
- Easy on your back and allows you to work out for longer periods
- Magnetic tension control that has eight settings from very easy to extremely hard so you can challenge yourself for many years to come
- Very narrow footprint – just22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D)
- One of the heaviest flywheel weights out there at 63 pounds
- Supports a person up to 300 pounds
- As easy on your joints as it is possible for an exercise bike to be
- Because of the recumbent style, some people may have a hard time getting used to using it
- If you don’t tighten everything properly on assembly, it has a tendency to wobble
- People shorter than 5’2” may have a hard time using it
#10 Recommendation – Drive Medical DeluxeFolding Exercise Peddler
What this bike has going for it is the price – which is absolutely incredible.
Unfortunately, it isn’t the best workout that you can get from a stationary pedal unit which is why it is at the number ten spot instead of further up on the list.
However, it is still one of the top pedal units on the market. Just like the DeskCycle in the number eight spot, this is an under-the-desk pedal unit.
The difference is with this one you stretch out a little more than you do with the DeskCycle, which can be a little less comfortable but it is super small and will fit under most desks.
- Small enough to fit under your desk and comfortable enough to use on your couch or favorite armchair
- Five item display that gives you the number of calories burned, the number of revolutions total, the number of revolutions per minute and the duration of your workout. Also has a scan feature
- Foldable for easy storage
- Rubber grips keep the unit firmly in place while you work out
- Tension screw allows you to adjust the workout to your liking
- Costs less than a night at the movies for two
- Not the best workout you can get when compared to an actual exercise bike
- Not as quiet as the DeskCycle so you may not be able to use it at work
What We Considered
When it comes to indoor spin bikes for sale, we considered all of the aspects of the products that were vital to your choosing the best one for you including recommendations from other customers, price, features and a whole lot more. You can take a look at each of the factors we considered below and find out why we felt they were so important in our best spin bike reviews list.
The bottom line is, if you aren’t comfortable using your spin bike, you probably aren’t going to use it very often and that’s just a waste of money. So, comfort was one of the most important factors that we considered, from the way that the bike was designed to the softness of the seat and handlebar grips.
Ease Of Use
Again, if a stationary bike is too complicated, some people are just going to avoid using it. That’s why we have taken ease of use very seriously as we considered all of the models available right now. Ease of use includes both the mechanical components and the technology involved.
You might not think that the footprint is important when it comes to choosing the right stationary bike, but the truth is, not everyone has enough room for a stationary bike and those willing to fill up some of their valuable space with one in order to meet their fitness goals will want to know that the footprint is necessary and reasonable.
This is a difficult thing to measure, but we tried to gauge how effective these models were by the reviews posted by previous customers and the other information available about how well they were able to shed pounds, reduce fat, build muscle and provide an effective cardio workout.
You certainly cannot review a product without taking the price into consideration. Although this is not the most important factor (in our humble opinion) when it comes to choosing an exercise bike, it definitely is something that you have to consider. The price should be reasonable and reflect what you get with the bike.
Spin Bike Reviews & Ratings
This is one of the most important things that we looked at when it comes to the spin bikes that are listed here, which is why it is one of the last aspects listed. Reviews and ratings will tell you things that nothing else will, and you should never trust a product description that isn’t accompanied by at least a few glowing reviews and five-star ratings.
Best Stationary Bike Features
Finally, we looked at the features that these spin bikes had, from the technology that they offered to the more mundane features. These may not be the most important aspects of choosing a spin bike to everyone, but to some people certain features are vital and necessary; that’s why this is one of the most important parts of choosing an exercise bike.
Spin cycles can be a terrific tool to shed some pounds. There is a reason why spin bikes for home are so popular – they are fun to ride and actually get results. But with the thousands of stationary bicycle models on the market the decision often becomes difficult.
That’s a challenge that keeps many people from reaching their goals. Weight loss commitments on Countless New Year’s resolutions have been thwarted, scores of little black dresses were shoved to the back of the closet and a massive number of weight scales have been avoided like they carried some sort of plague because people didn’t have the information that they needed to make a buying decision.
Well, dust off that New Year’s resolution, pull out that little black dress and make friends with your scale once again as it’s time to choose your best exercise bike and get going.